[Kde-pim] Re: Git Migration Date (Was: KDEPIM 4.6 Delayed) (aka "The never ending story III")

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Sun Dec 19 06:40:02 GMT 2010

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:39:24 -0500
Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 17 December 2010 2:02:51 pm winter at kde.org wrote:
>
> > For the Git Transition Folks:
> > =================
> > We will wait until KDEPIM 4.6 is released to make the SVN -> Git transition.
> > Torgny is in charge of that.
> >

> Talking more to some folks and to kde-sysadmin.. it seems we have complete
> discretion  on when we want to transition to Git.
>
> Togge wants to do it in a few days and I don't have a problem with that.
>
> The original plan called for the transition to start after the KDE SC 4.6 RC1 tagging.
> So that means 21 Dec, approx.
>
> If there are objections to going back yet-again to the original plan,
> please speak up now.  Else, let's just get on with it on 21 Dec.

If these objections do not surface I'm planing on doing the conversion on after Allen makes the next PIM beta, scheduled for sometime around Dec 21.

The current version of the converted repositories can be found here:

kdepim: http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/tnyblom/kdepim.git
kdpeim-runtime: http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/tnyblom/kdepim-runtime.git
kdepimlibs: http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/tnyblom/kdepimlibs.git

Statistics: http://www.nyblom.org/pub/kde/git/

For a summary look at the -stat-revs.log files.

These repositories were converted against revision 1182671.

I'll update my SVN copy and do a new run against a newer version asap, but please take a look and review as best as possible.

Once the beta is out the SVN repository will be read-only!

I'll send mails to inform of the progress to this list.

/Regards Torgny