[Kde-pim] A model bound data driven, user manipulatable, QML slider... Are you nuts?

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Wed Dec 22 22:46:31 GMT 2010

Hi,

Tokoe showed me a bug in tasks-mobile where the percentage complete as it
appeared in the QML view did not match the percentage known to be in the
model, and caused several entries in the view to appear to be out of sync.

Being something of a masochist I decided that fixing the bug was not enough. I
had to understand it too.

The whole process is described in the git history here:

http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/skelly/sliderbug.git

It's probably interesting for anyone who wants to grok QML property bindings,
QML dragging, and QML itemviews more than they already do.

If you think the solution is unbearably ugly, welcome to QML! :)

Steve.