[Kde-pim] First step in making akonadi less ressource hungry

Tobias König tokoe at kde.org
Mon Aug 16 08:39:14 BST 2010

On Saturday 14 August 2010 15:55:54 Michael Jansen wrote:
> Hi
Hej Mike,

<snip>
> The patch does not yet solve the problem i explained above. It is just
> the foundation for the solution. Now we have the possibility to let the
> subsciber inform the server about the kind of items they are interested
> in. The server would then first check that information and only emit the
> signal for that particular subscriber if the subscriber told him it
> wants to know about that item type (or told nothing at all).
That looks really good IMHO. Just three small comments:
1) mMessageSource should be a QHash<QString, MessageSource>, then you can
    omit the foreach loops for lookup
2) unsubscribe() shouldn't use 'delete' to free the message object, because
    unsubscribe() is called from within the slot of the object. deleteLater()
    should do the job here.

> That's where i need input. What kind of preselection makes sense and how
> should we implements them?
>
> I see
>
> 1. Select by mimetype
> 2. The invitation agent is only interestend in multipart messages. A
> preselection here would make sense two because iiuc the agent has to ask
> for the message before he is able to determine if it is a multipart message.
3. monitor items/collections from a special resource only

> For me the patch works but i'm not 100% entirely sure i catched every
> possible subscriber. Are there apps subscribing that do not use Monitor ?
Not that I'm aware of, but Volker should know better.

Ciao,
Tobias