[Kde-pim] Fwd: Akonadi SyncML GSoC Progress Report

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Fri Aug 13 18:21:08 BST 2010

Hello!

Dinesh, congrats on the progress you've made. Once you have pushed your
changes, let me know and I'll review them. The sooner we get them merged
upstream, the better.

BTW, my request to be added as a mentor has been pending for a while.
Can someone from the KDE GSoC organizers approve it, please? Not sure
whom to ping on this...

More comments below.

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 13:18 +0200, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> > Bad net here:
> > my IRC got disconnected and isnt connecting and am unable to reach
> > you on fb chat too..
> > anyways, i think i finally figured out stuff about autotools
> > here is just one doubt though: if this statement is right or not,
> > especially when checking for kwallet's headers:
> >

> > AC_CHECK_HEADERS(kwallet.h, [], [KDEKWALLETFOUND=no])

I have some autotools code ready for checking Qt features. How would one
check for KWallet in a qmake .pro file? Perhaps there's also a
pkg-config file?

> > Till we get our Qt Gui, The Bluedevil plugin will simply call the
> > sync-ui , just the way it does in gnome-bluetooth plugin.

Do you intend to ship this as part of Bluedevil or should it go into
SyncEvolution?

> > and on the akonadi backend, rebased the old akonadi backend to the
> > current syncevolution's version and got it working and finished off
> > the ToDo's left in the comments
> >

> > Akonadi backend works perfectly when it comes to direct sync.
> > When it comes to web servers: Ovi and mobical seem to have a problem
> > accepting contacts created in Kontact.

This shouldn't be specific to the Akonadi backends. The vcard created by
KDE will be parsed by the Synthesis engine and converted into what the
services support - at least in theory.

> >  Everything else (including changes made in kontact) works
> > perfectly. So i think this is a problem with the webservers.

Agreed. We should look into this to figure out what the services stumble
about and work around it.

Speaking of testing, have you tried the automatic testing of the Akonadi
sources? Some of the TODOs were related to Akonadi specific behavior
(X-SPOUSE, ...) which also needs to be taken into account in the
testing.

My proposal for that a while back was that you modify the test/testcases
files so that they represent KDE data. Before we merge that into
"master", we need to figure out how we can cope with the differences
between Evolution and KDE. Eventually I want both to be equally
well-tested.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de