[Kde-pim] KMail Startup Processes

Justin Kourie deus_ex_machin at lavabit.com
Sat Aug 14 17:13:08 BST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to hack a bit on kmail2 and am not sure why the startup processes
use so much of the CPU. I've built the most recent sources and launched kmail
directly thereafter. I've followed the "separate developer account" approach.

Why do the spawned processes "nepomukservices" (6 of them) and "virtuoso-t" go
so wild? They're using the CPU very erratically, often pushing both cores to
100% use. Are there steps to take to improve this (turn off the services etc.)?

Also related, is there a way to have these processes die when terminating the
development run of kmail? It's inefficient to continuously kill them manually.

TIA

Justin