[Kde-pim] GSoC: Akonadi SyncML support

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Apr 9 16:45:12 BST 2010

On Friday, 2010-04-09, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Fr, 2010-04-09 at 13:06 +0200, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
> > the proposal for a Google Summer of Code project regarding SyncML support
> > for Akonadi was just submitted by Dinesh, the student that applied for
> > it.
>
> Ah, good. Let's hope that it'll get accepted.
>
> > BTW for those that don't know me yet, I've been working on the same topic
> > during last year's Summer of Code and therefore I've applied to become
> > the mentor for this project. Patrick Ohly (of SyncEvolution fame) already
> > agreed to co-mentor this effort.
>
> Should I do something to enroll officially as co-mentor?

You'll have to request becoming a mentor at project KDE over at
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/home/google/gsoc2010/kde

According to a thread on Google's mentor list we can add additional mentors to
a project after a student has been accepted.

We at KDE do this initally by putting "main" mentor and "backup" mentor into a
spreadsheet which list all our selected candidates.

However, my recommendation is that you and Sascha click the "I am willing to
mentor" button on the proposal as lets it stand out in case there are
proposals at the same level after voting.

Unless none of you wants to do the two evalution reports, because this is what
the "main" mentor will have to do.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring