[Kde-pim] Git migration status

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri Apr 30 11:36:18 BST 2010

Hi,

On Friday 16 April 2010 21:30:26 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> an update on how the rules for the git migration are doing.
>
> KDEPIM:
> * 1.13 GiB transfer
> * 1.3 GiB on disk
> * No diff (against the trunk of my cloned svn repo)
> * No extra files/dirs
> * No missing files/dirs (except empty dirs as git cannot handle that)
> * Number of WARNINGS: 1422 (according to Thomas script)
> * Number unique WARNINGS: 190 (according to Thomas script)

Good news everybody: Torgny fixed the rules, the repo is now much smaller, it
only uses 213 MB disk space here, and even less transfer :)
This is something I'm very happy about.

Branches and tags are all there as far as I can see.

Pre-enterprise35 tags are missing, but I doubt we need them.

There are still some places where history is cut off, here are the top 10:
33 1032668
40 1075072
40 808846
45 822815
54 985697
55 1076571
81 1074113
83 1073942
109 1032746
211 758673

I didn't test kdepimlibs and kdepim-runtime this time.

Looks like the basic rules are done now, we're in good progress and on target,
thanks Torgny!

To complete the PIM migration rules, some things still needs to be done, most
of that in the enterprise branches, which KDAB has to do:
- Add more rules to cut down the amount of lost history -> Torgny?
- Add rules for kdelibs/kdebase in the various enterprise branches -> Stephen?
- Add rules for the komo branch -> Stephen?
- Add rules for the packaging modules -> Stephen?
- Port translation scripts for enterprise35 -> Thomas :(
- Move translation infrastructure for enterprise4 to official KDE -> Thomas
- Add translation infrastructure for enterprise5 -> Thomas? (not needed yet)

Regards,
Thomas