[Kde-pim] Akonadi restores

Brian DeRocher brian at derocher.org
Wed Apr 14 13:46:09 BST 2010

Hey there,

I'm fleshing out the Akonadi restores for PostgreSQL and i wanted to get
a better understanding before i proceed.  While waiting for an answer,
i'll switch to MySQL and see how that behaves.  But from looking at the
code it would appear to allow duplicate records to be inserted.

What sort of restore is this?
    My computed died and i'm reinstalling?
    What's .local?  I don't need that.  rm -rf .local?  Ohhh i do need
that.
    Oops i deleted the entire database folder?
    Database became corrupted?
    Oops i deleted 10,000 records from the database?

When a restore is performed should we truncate tables first?  Should we
just drop the entire database and reinitialize a new one?

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian DeRocher