[Kde-pim] Work branches for GSoC created

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Tue Apr 27 21:41:11 BST 2010

Hi,

I've created the branch branches/work/soc-pim. For now, it only contains
kdepim, but we can add kdepimlibs easily if that is needed.

The branch is intended to be shared by all PIM-related GSoC projects, at least
the projects which change stuff in libraries/applications that are part deeply
integrated or part of the KDE SC.
We need the branch since KDE is now in various freezes for the KDE SC 4.5
release, and the GSoC projects add new features and new strings.

As a GSoC student, you should check out that branch now and build it.
Everyone should add the soc branch to their commit filter, it is important
that commits there get the same amount of reviews as commits to trunk get.

For merging between the branches, I've set up svnmerge, see
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tools/svnmerge.py. I'll attempt to merge
all changes from trunk to the soc branch regularly, so that they don't get out
of sync too much.

Congratulations to all students for getting accepted, this will be an exciting
summer. I'm looking forward to see the development in action.
I encourage the students to aggregate their blogs on planetkde.org and
introduce themselves and their project there. You can add yourself to p.k.o by
changing the config file in trunk/www/sites/planet/planetkde/.

Regards,
Thomas