[Kde-pim] GSoC: Plasma in Kontact

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Apr 5 03:35:34 BST 2010

2010/4/4 Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si>:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Ryan,

> My name is Ryan Rix, I've been involved in KDE lightly since January, having
> contributed a few patches to Konversation and Plasma, and I'm currently
> working to improve onscreen keyboard support. I'm also at some point going to
> maintain KPilot after I have a better understanding of Akonadi.
>
> In my playing around (see my previous mails to this list regarding a Plasma-
> based BasKet), I've gained a fair understanding of the structure and functions
> of the different Plasma structures (Containments, a general overview of
> Corona, DataEngines) and would like to apply them to different areas of KDE,
> including, hey you guessed it! KDEPIM :)

taengine and
> placing them in a newspaper containment, I would think...
>
> As it is, I haven't submitted an application because I'm mostly unsure of what
> constitutes a good application. Is there anyone willing to help me draft an
> application, or guide to me to where I could get more ideas?

Here's an application from last year, if you want an example:

http://tinyurl.com/kdesoc2009-1

Note that since you are a high school student, you need to be enrolled
in ASU by Apr. 26th. I don't know if it does rolling admissions (and
if so, if you have already accepted. which means that you are already
enrolled) or the standard May 1 decision date (which will be
problematic), but you need to be able to show that you are enrolled on
Apr. 26 (not just with intention to enroll, even if you are already
accepted). You can ask the Summer of Code discuss mailing list if you
want more clarification.

cheers,
leo

leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu         Tufts  University 2010