[Kde-pim] Adding an account, then changing your mind

Casey Link casey at kdab.com
Thu Apr 1 17:27:25 BST 2010

> Hmm, at which point to you cancel the adding? Inside the IMAP resource
> config dialog? If that's the case, then either IMAP resource does not emit
> the Akonadi::ResourceBase::configurationDialogAccepted/Rejected signals
> properly or the code that adds the resource does not use the
> ResourceCreateJob.
Hmm... looking at imapresource.cpp it looks like its emitting those signals
correctly. I tested with the Pop3 resource, and the same thing happens. A
quick peak at kdepimlibs/akonadi/agentinstancecreatejob.cpp and everything
seems ok. More investigation is needed, I'll add it to my todo.

> > 2) If you "Add", then "Cancel" then attempt to "Add" again, the settings
> > dialog does not appear. For me, even restarting kmail does not fix the
> > issue. I must restart akonadi.. this bug occurs only occasionally.
>
> Yepp, this is a known bug. Can you reproduce it to 100%? It happens for me
> only sometimes, so it was difficult to debug...
Nope, I can't reproduce it all the time.. it happens only occasionally.
Usually the first time I open kmail (which autostarts nepomukand akonadi).

> > Finally, every time i start Kmail the number of "Local Folder" entries
> > has increased.
>
> Happens for me again, until I removed the 'inititial' resource (The local
> folders resource with the lowest instance number).
Is this a known bug?

Casey