[Kde-pim] KMail2 part of KDE 1.1?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Apr 19 22:30:37 BST 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010, Markus wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm currently updating the German Wikipedia articles around KDE and
> noticed that according to
> http://kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog1_0to1_1.php KMail2
> was released as part of KDE 1.1.
>
> Now I'm not sure what to write in WP. Was the 1990's "KMail2" later
> rebranded as update to KMail and given a 1.x version number or was
> it abandoned?
>
> Hopefully an "oldtimer" reads this and can answer this question.

According to
http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/1.1/kdenetwork/kmail/kmversion.h?revision=411963&view=markup
KMail 1.0.17 was released as part of KDE SC 1.1.

No wait, there was indeed a kmail2 worked on which was based on a
libkmsg. Apparently, it never took off. Unfortunately, I could not dig
it up in websvn.kde.org because I'm getting exceptions all of the time.
:-(

Regards,
Ingo