[Kde-pim] Kleopatra and libassuan 2.0.0

Marc Mutz marc at kdab.com
Wed Apr 7 21:03:31 BST 2010

On Wednesday April 7 2010, Will Stephenson wrote:
> We just updated openSUSE Factory to libassuan 2.0.0, and kleopatra no
> longer compiles, because it doesn't fine the pthreads flavour of libassuan.
>  The libassuan readme for 2.0.0 says it is not compatible with 1.0.x, and I
> could not find any obvious configure switches to enable a pthreads flavour
> with 2.0.0.

Threading support has been implemented with system hooks instead (only needed
for libpth support) instead of #ifdefs now, so there's no pthreads flavour
for libassuan v2 anymore.

> Should kleopatra work with 2.0.0, or do I have a local distribution
> problem?

Kleopatra compiles and works with either v1 or v2 of libassuan, at least in
e4-branch. I guess the corresponding commits have not been merged to trunk
yet, or have been merged incompletely.

If it doesn't work in e4-branch fro you, that's a bug; please send me more
information in that case.

Thanks,
Marc

--