[Kde-pim] KMail2 part of KDE 1.1?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Apr 20 21:19:35 BST 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010, Markus wrote:
> Am Montag 19 April 2010 23:30:37 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > there was indeed a kmail2 worked on which was based on a
> > libkmsg. Apparently, it never took off
>
> Can someone confirm that "kmail2" was indeed scrapped?

Well, I've been using KMail since KDE SC 1.1 and I became involved in
the development of KMail during KDE SC 2.0. I've never heard of a kmail2
before your mail. So, I'm pretty certain that it was scrapped. There
definitely isn't and never was a library called libkmsg used by kmail
(this library was used by kmail2 according to the release announcement)
so the possibility that kmail2 did become kmail can be excluded.

Regards,
Ingo