[Kde-pim] How to use akonadi

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed Sep 2 04:28:12 BST 2009

Are there any quick guides to using Akonadi which are aimed at applications
which need to use Akonadi to access data for non-display use? The article on
techbase, http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Akonadi/Application,
is all to do with using the model-view architecture, but in KAlarm I primarily
need to fetch all relevant Akonadi alarm items as a list so that alarms can be
triggered at the right times. A list of alarms does need to be displayed, but
this is a secondary consideration.

I've looked for example code, and looked at the API documentation (including
the Akonadi overview there), but I'm at a bit of a loss to know how to start.
It would seem that the right thing might be to create an Akonadi::Collection
instance, but I'm not sure, and what to do after that isn't clear.

Any pointers to howtos, or guidance on what to do, would be appreciated.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.