[Kde-pim] QgpgME

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Sep 29 07:51:41 BST 2009

On Monday 28 September 2009 13:49:21 Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> On Monday 28 September 2009 13:00:04 Volker Krause wrote:
> > On Monday 28 September 2009 12:29:08 Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I try to use QgpgME in KGet, yet when I compile I get the follolwing
> > > error:
> > >
> > > CMakeFiles/kgetcore.dir/core/verifier.o: In function
> > > `boost::detail::shared_count::shared_count<QFile>(QFile*)':
> > > verifier.cpp:
> > > (.text._ZN5boost6detail12shared_countC1I5QFileEEPT_[boost::detail::shar
> > >ed _c ount::shared_count<QFile>(QFile*)]+0x62): undefined reference to
> > > `boost::throw_exception(std::exception const&)'
> > >

> > > Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong?
> >
> > Looks like you don't have exceptions enabled, try adding the following to
> >  your CMakeLists.txt:
> >
> > set( CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} ${KDE4_ENABLE_EXCEPTIONS}" )
> >
> > regards
> > Volker
>
> Thanks, that did the trick.
>
> Btw. is there a reason why exceptions are not enabled by default for KDE,
> or might there be some side-effects with qt-code and exceptions?

it's mostly for historical reasons AFAIK, from the time when compilers
generated slower code just for enabling exceptions.

Using exceptions alongside Qt is not a problem, throwing "through" Qt code
(such as the event loop and/or signal/slot connections) can be a problem
though, depends somewhat on whether or not Qt is build with exception support
enabled.

regards
Volker