[Kde-pim] Plugin Question re Kontact Headers

Dr. Robert Marmorstein robertandbeth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 05:45:38 BST 2009

I was able to write a Kontact plugin for basKet without installing
kdepim sources.  However, we already had a "kontactinterfaces"
directory in our source tree.  Perhaps we just copied it over?  If so,
you could probably do the same, it works fine for us....

--Robert

Disclaimer: I have a vague recollection that at least one KDE dev
has told me that the way we're doing things is broken.  I think there
was no solution for the time being, however.

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Writing_kontact_plugins

> The second part of the tutorial (Kontact integration) references
class
> Kontact::Plugin which I presume is defined in
<kontactinterfaces/plugin.h>

> I'm developing on Kubuntu (Karmac Alpha 5) and have kdepim-
dev and
> libkontactinterfaces4 installed, but there is no include directory
> kontactinterfaces.
>

> I guessing the following, that kontactinterfaces includes are only
part of
>  the kdepim source and aren't installed as part of kdepim-dev.
Would this