[Kde-pim] Akonadi-1.2.1 build error

Sagara Wijetunga sagara at tomahawk.com.sg
Thu Oct 22 06:35:17 BST 2009

Ingo Klöcker wrote:

>>> I don't think so. I suggest trying to compile automoc4 yourself.
>>> Maybe there's something wrong with the installed automoc4.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Ingo
>>>
>> Ok, automoc4 removed and recompiled and reinstalled.
>> Removed Soprano (ver. 2.3.1) and recompiled and reinstalled.
>>
>> Reran the above /usr/bin/automoc4 statement in the build/libs/tests.
>> Result is still the same, exit status is 1.
>>
>> Does Soprano play any role in the above /usr/bin/automoc4 statement?
>>

> No.
>

>> Does Java availability or not availability play any role in the above
>> /usr/bin/automoc4 statement to fail?
>>

> No.
>

>> What else could I check to find the cause?
>>

> You could compile automoc4 in debug mode (if you didn't do so already)
> and debug it.
>
> BTW, running the above automoc4 command on my system results in the
> output of
>   Generating notificationmessagetest.moc
> and in the generation of the files
>   notificationmessagetest_automoc.cpp
>   notificationmessagetest.moc
>
> Just so that you know what should happen.
>

> Out of curiosity: Can you build kdelibs?

Did not try to build kdelibs.

What I have installed so far related KDE4 are:
1. automoc4-0.9.88
2. soprano-2.3.1

Akonadi cannot build.

Tried to buid Phonon-4.3.0, its also the same issue as Akonadi,
/usr/bin/automoc4 fails.

I'll try to debug Akonadi and see whether I can identify what causes
this error.

Regards
Sagara