[Kde-pim] Fwd: Another possible use case for Akonadi/Python

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:22:11 GMT 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
Date: Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Another possible use case for Akonadi/Python
To: Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com>

Hi Stephen,

Sascha Manns latest blog [1] on planetkde reminded me of something.

A couple of years ago I was at a talk at Chemnitzer Linuxtage about GNUmed,
basically Free Software for general practitioners and smaller medical
facilities.

They were interested in integrating with Kontact/KOrganizer for appoinments
and I later found out, much to teh delight of Allen Winters :), that they
were
using konsolekalendar to do that.

GNUmed is, IIRC, almost exclusively Python based (using wxPython for GUI),
so
a Python client lib for Akonadi might come in handy at some point.
(They obviously can still use konsolecalendar with some adaptions)

Cheers,
Kevin

[1]
http://saigkill.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/call-for-participation-opensuse-