[Kde-pim] help : patch in progress that adds kmail support for RFC2369, List-* headers to display in context menyu

Daniel Black daniel.subs at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 20 11:03:20 BST 2009

I'm getting stuck in the implementation from a lack of Qt/KDE programming
experience and needs some guidance (or more hours in day but guidance was
easier to ask for).

In addition the the basic list header information extraction on the
reviewboard attached is my work so far.

1.

Biggest problem is I want to KRun a KUrl as KAction in a menu item.

my thoughts were that if there was a run method in the KUrl class then use
that in the connect construct. As there wasn't (should I just request a run
interface change on KUrl?), I made the private class
MessageActionsPrivate_KUrlRunner. This wouldn't link because of the following
error:

 kmail/messageactions.cpp:70: undefined reference to `vtable for KMail::
MessageActions'

Seems to be common enough however the approaches of putting it as a forward
declaration in the .h file, the .moc #included already at the bottom of this
file. Am I meant to inherit off MessageActions? I don't  what I should be
doing here.

2. Smaller problem

Before I get into strife I'd ask about clearing the MenuItems on a
KActionMenu. Can/should it be done? Should I just replace it? what's the
impact if the menu is displayed

really sorry to bother you folks on this but I'm really stuck.

On Monday 19 October 2009 14:10:24 Daniel Black wrote:
> Ok - I'll do this. won't happen extremely quickly but will get there.
Ok - happened quicker than I thought. It was a good distraction from other
stuff.