[Kde-pim] Proposal for a new pim application

Dr. Robert Marmorstein robertandbeth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:28:58 BST 2009

> basket for kde4 is being developed somewhere on github.  I think by the
> user 'kelvie'

Yes, we've more or less completed the kde4 port.  If you grab kelvie's latest
git (or mine), you'll find a very stable, featureful KDE 4 note taking
application with Kontact integration.   The only major thing that really
remains is to port the main window to a QGraphicsView from a Q3ScrollArea.

I've been working on that (slowly), but teaching classes, coaching the chess
team, and directing the local ACM and UPE chapters is eating up all my time
this semester.  It's rough, because I have four preps -- only one of which
I've taught before.  And the one I taught before has become a four credit
class with a lab.

I "should" have more time in the winter semester and hopefully we can finish
the KDE 4 port in time to get a nice release of BasKet out the door in early
2010.  Kelvie has also been working hard to polish up BasKet and has been
factoring out the code that stores various data items about the BasKets so
that they can easily be stored on the Akonadi server.

-- Robert