[Kde-pim] Review Request: adds kmail support for RFC2369, List-* headers to display in preview pane with links to URLs

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Wed Oct 7 09:41:33 BST 2009

Am Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009 23:44:15 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:

> I don't think
> this justifies putting the information how to unsubscribe in the header
> right in the user's face.

As already told: It's not in "Brief" style. AFAIK there's also a new theme
engine in the works that makes it easier to create custom themes. So you'll
get "Brief Fancy" soon enough.
I think it's very good to at least have the options to display that
information, but the option should not be in the options window, but based on
the selected theme.
AFAIK the new theme engine will be available with KMail 2.0 / KDE 4.5.
Maybe as compromise a drop-down menu could be used in the meantime...

> And, as you correctly say, on many mailing
> lists this information is already included in the footer (which is the
> correct place for such rarely needed information).

On many, but not all. Evolution also has nice mailing list management
features. IMO this feature increases the usability more than it hurts.