[Kde-pim] Akonadi GroupDAV Resource

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Oct 18 17:58:58 BST 2009

Hi Marco,

On Sunday, 2009-10-18, Marco Nelles wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> my name is Marco and I'm new on this list.
>
> I'm developing an Akonadi GroupDAV Resource.

Cool!

> Feel free to download and try (released under the terms of GPL v3). It is
> still under heavy development. If you're interested: Any suggestions are
> welcome!
>
> http://opensource.maniatek.com/calgo
>
> or check out from here:
>
> git clone git://github.com/marcomania/Calgo.git

I see you based this our KAppTemplate resource template.
Did you also check our resource tutorial [1]?
Any feedback on either (things which are hard to understand, not covered,
etc)?

One thing that is known to not be covered by this entry level tutorials is
cache policies.
Each Akonadi collection has an associated CachePolicy object, which can be
used to let Akonadi itself handle common things such as interval checking (I
saw that your config screenshot contains a kind of update interval setting
which you probably currently implement using a timer),

> The development is promoted by the credativ GmbH.

Awesome!

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Akonadi/Resources