[Kde-pim] CardDav support in Kontact / Akonadi

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:59:44 BST 2009

storm at olan.org wrote:

> I have scoured the web to find out about CardDav implemention in KDE-PIM
> (probably as an Akonadi resource?), with little luck thus far.
>
> http://carddav.calconnect.org/index.html
> http://www.vcarddav.org/wiki
>
> Current implementations in other software include: Mac, Zimbra,
> egroupware, eM client, Icewarp mail, and Mulberry (in addtion to plugins
> for Outlook and Thunderbird).
>
> Is anything planned - it appears that it would not be a huge leap to
> retool the existing VCF functionality?

I don't know of anything planned to support this, but it looks interesting.
Is it in the same vein as caldav which I've also only heard of?

It would be great to have akonadi resources for these things, but we are
currently swamped right now.

If you're interested in implementing it we can help you get up to speed.

All the best,

Steve.