[Kde-pim] issues inserting/retrieving collection from akonadi

Alan Alvarez aalvarez at aliensoft.net
Sat Oct 10 04:10:51 BST 2009

Hello list,

I'm Alan Alvarez, the GSoC student that worked on the openchange resource
for akonad in 2008. I've started working on the resource again. It seems a
lot has changed in Akonadi since I've been gone (as I expected).

I'm getting the following errors when trying to read emails using akonadi
through mailody:

mailody(7514)/nepomuk (library) <unnamed>::GlobalModelContainer::init:
Nepomuk storage service not running or not initialized.
"/home/clsk/dev/kde/bin/mailody(7514)" Error in thread 2969701264 :
"Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid model"

Also, only the payload is shown, the message header isn't. In mailody it is
shown at first, but when I click on the message it disappears (I could
provide screen-shots if needed). With akonadiconsole I don't see any headers
at all.

I'm wondering if a new way to insert collections was introduced since I
left.
Would appreciate any help on this.

Also, is mailody still the preferred client to use for testing mail
functionality with akonadi?

Thank you.

--
regards,