[Kde-pim] akonadi and mysql5.1

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 26 12:51:44 GMT 2009

On Sunday, 2009-10-25, mike redman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use squeezbox server, but this isn't compatible with mysql 5.1. Is there
>  any way you can run akonadi with mysql 5.0 rather than 5.1?

Several of us, including myself, are using MySQL 5.0.x.
In fact several users on 5.1.x seem to have various issues, ranging from MySQL
warnings and errors to mysqld not starting at all.

> I use Kubuntu and 9.10 appears to run only with 5.1 and akonadi.

I this is what you distributor ships, it is probably the setup they are
testing with, so you should be OK.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring