[Kde-pim] Akonadi with PostgreSQL Support on KDE 4.3.2

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Oct 20 08:30:54 BST 2009

On Friday 16 October 2009 15:31:13 Sagara Wijetunga wrote:
> I have noted now Akonadi support PostgreSQL
> (http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi#PostgreSQL_Support).
>
> I'm in the process of installing from source the KDE 4.3.2 and I want to
> build Akonadi with PostgreSQL support.
>
> Is the PostgreSQL support patch separately available for akonadi-1.2.1?

no, it is only available in trunk, which contains the upcoming 1.3 version.

> Is the current Akonadi server on svn (ver. 1.3) compatible with KDE 4.3.2?

yes

> What are my options to get PostgreSQL Support for Akonadi in KDE 4.3.2?

the only option is to use the latest Akonadi server from svn. But keep in mind
that PostgreSQL support is new and not very well tested yet, so be careful
with putting real data into it. It also does not support autostarting of the
database server, you'd need to do that manually. Any help with improving that
is of course very welcome.

regards
Volker