[Kde-pim] Akonadi-1.2.1 build error

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Oct 18 14:08:53 BST 2009

Hi,

On Sunday, 2009-10-18, Sagara Wijetunga wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to compile Akonadi-1.2.1 (akonadi-1.2.1.tar.bz2) on FreeBSD,
> I get following compilation error:
>
> gmake
>
> Scanning dependencies of target akonadiprotocolinternals
> [  0%] Building CXX object
> libs/CMakeFiles/akonadiprotocolinternals.dir/imapparser.cpp.o
> [  1%] Building CXX object
> libs/CMakeFiles/akonadiprotocolinternals.dir/imapset.cpp.o
> [  1%] Building CXX object
> libs/CMakeFiles/akonadiprotocolinternals.dir/notificationmessage.cpp.o
> [  2%] Building CXX object
> libs/CMakeFiles/akonadiprotocolinternals.dir/xdgbasedirs.cpp.o
> Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libakonadiprotocolinternals.so
> [  2%] Built target akonadiprotocolinternals
> Scanning dependencies of target notificationmessagetest_automoc
> gmake[2]: *** [libs/tests/CMakeFiles/notificationmessagetest_automoc]
> Error 1
> gmake[1]: ***
> [libs/tests/CMakeFiles/notificationmessagetest_automoc.dir/all] Error 2
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
>
> 1. How to find more detail about this issue?

make VERBOSE=1

> 2. Is libs/tests necessary for Akonadi? If not, how to disable building
> libs/tests?

Usually tests have to be enabled explicitly, i.e. they should be off unless
you specified them to be enabled at the cmake command.

However, any error building the tests could also mean something else will fail
to build and might be harder to locate there (tests usually have much less
dependencies).
Since most of us are building on Linux we could have accidentally slipped in
something Linux specific which we rather have removed/fixed than people on BSD
work around :)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring