[Kde-pim] Akonadi GroupDAV Resource

Marco Nelles marco at maniatek.de
Fri Oct 23 14:46:21 BST 2009

Hej Tobias,

> That is great! Do you have an overview which groupware servers
> currently support this protocol? I know of eGroupware and
> OpenGroupware, any other?

I test my resource mainly with Citadel. With eGroupware there are still some
problems so far.
Another server software I know is SOGo (http://www.scalableogo.org/).

> Like Volker already suggested we should move it to the
> KDE repository, so we can adapt it more easily to changes
> in the API (also the API should be stable).

Full ACK. But the API isn't stable yet.

> I had a short look at the code, currently you support only
> calendar entries. Is there any plan to support contacts as well?

Yes. But the focus is first on events, todos and tasks.

By the way: Are there any akonadi caldav resources in development somewhere?

With the experiences from this development, my plan is, to start develop (or
be part of developement of) a Akonadi caldav resource to let KDE go with
Apple/Darwin Calendar Server and Google Calendar.

Regards,

Marco