[Kde-pim] Issues with KCal and Egroupware

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Sat Nov 7 19:46:11 GMT 2009

Hi all,

There seems to be an issue when using Korganizer with Egroupware with the
resource I am working on : when modifying an event from the client it
"disappears" from the backend. In fact the events are not deleted, but instead
go in the Egroupware administrator calendar.

After some tests it seems to be linked with the fact that Egroupware adds into
each attendee of the iCal entry the parameter "X-EGROUPWARE-UID" (the ID of
the user in Egroupware), which is ignored by KDE. As a result, when the event
is modified this parameter is not present and the event is attributed to a
default user.

I can develop the patch, though it will require some time to discover the
internals, but before this does anyone have an opinion if the support of X-
parameters (not only this particuliar one) is something desirable ? Should
this be patched it would be better not to limit the code to X-EGROUPWARE-UID.

Cheers,
Grégory