[Kde-pim] State of Akonadi Openchange ressource

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Nov 7 01:39:39 GMT 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009 11:09:36 Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I write you to know what is the state of Akonadi Openchange ressource.
It can read most types of information, but there are some obvious user-visible
bugs that need to be fixed. Also, we can't yet write back to the server,
although that isn't necessarily that much work to fix. I think Alan Alvarez is
looking at this at the moment.

> is the ressource working enough to be used ?
As in, should it be deployed as a replacement for Outlook? No. IMHO, only
parts of the Akonadi system are ready for deployment. This resource is
certainly one of the aspects that is lagging behind. I'd say that you won't be
able to deploy an Akonadi-based openchange groupware client until at least KDE
4.5, and more likely 4.6.

As in, does it provide a useful basis for development? Yes. Assistance would
be appreciated.

Brad