[Kde-pim] Calgo / Dav resources merge ?

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Sat Nov 7 14:07:00 GMT 2009

Hi Marco,

Le samedi 07 novembre 2009 13:02:08, Marco Nelles a écrit :

> I'm Marco, the developer of Calgo (promoted by credativ GmbH, Germany).

Nice to read from you.

> GroupDAV support works quite stable for now.

Great. Did you had the occasion to test it with Egroupware ? I'm trying to find
out why modification of an event from Korganizer "deletes" item on the backend.
As far as I can see this seems related to the fact that the ATTENDEE entry in
the iCal data received by itemChanged() lacks the X-EGROUPWARE-UID attribute,
but any information will be good.

And did you noticed issues to delete events when using https ? I'm asking
because that's the case for me and if it works for you I'm afraid that I may
have misdagniosed the source (see http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/2077/).

> This little project Calgo should be the first step on the way to a full
>  CalDAV resource Calgo 2.

Do you already have some development plans that you can share ? The
development of CalDAV should be easier now that the REPORT HTTP query is
supported in KIO. I'm also having a TODO item to add support for the
MKCALENDAR query, as defined in RFC 4791, but anyone interested can add this.

> You've written, you've commited your resource to playground.
> I will have a look at your code within the next few days in order to have
>  an overview and decide what might be the best way to proceed.

Nice, I'm waiting to have some news from you.

Please note that development is still going on on my side so the code may have
changed. I'm planning to add support for contacts in GroupDAV and this will
certainly result in a big refactoring to put all GroupDAV specific code in a
base class. Then CardDAV support will certainly have the same effect.

Cheers,
Grégory