[Kde-pim] HTML support in Kmail

nicco ts nicco.ts at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:47:02 GMT 2009

To Ingo

> Did you ever have a look at an HTML message created by Word? 90 % of the
> HTML is totally superfluous. This is such a waste of bandwidth.
>
> Obviously, we wouldn't make this mistake.

And to Kevin

> Too many people assumed the receipient gets what they write which of course is
> not true since (a) Word exports to HTML and (b) it totally depends on how the
> receipient's mail user agent renders the content that Word thinks is HTML.

I know the way how Word do it. But while we cry for HTML e-mail
support then Windows users use it for 5 or more years and companies
and people pay a lot of money to get it. Do they mind the wrong way?
Do they waste with their bandwidth or their LAN is collapsing because
e-mail from Outlook is not 10kB but 600kB?

But let it be. I understand is not something we should be desperate
about. It was just my suggestion to speed it up as some workaround
maybe.

-------------------------

To Tobias

> ------
> Hmm, what about giving the editor mentioned in
>  http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2009/03/12/wysiwyg-html-editor/
> a try? As Ariya said, it's only a quick hack, but we can suppose that
> the editing facilities of QtWebKit will improve over time and since the
> QtWebKit developers use KMail as well this might be a point to luring them
> putting some resources on this topic ;)

Yes I've seen this and is written as note in some kde bug describing
HTML in e-mails. There is even some comment from some of the
developers that he is working on it, but he doesn't have much time.
And after that there is no progress. So I tried to ask here if
somebody have the Qt knowledge and is willing to code it.