[Kde-pim] Twitter as journal ressource in kontact?

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Tue Nov 3 17:23:28 GMT 2009

Am Dienstag 03 November 2009 16:03:28 schrieb Mike Arthur:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 13:05:13 Markus Feilner wrote:
> > I am using Kontact's journal as quick and simple blog frontend for
> >  wordpress, is there any possibility to have a twitter ressource for
> > that, too? The API shouldn't be the problem, or? Maybe tools like Kwitter
> > could be integrated. I have looked, but I couldn't find anything... Did I
> > miss something?
>
> Always nice to see someone actually using my work, I was a bit dubious
>  about whether anyone was!
>
> Twitter isn't integrated but that's not a bad idea at all. If you wanted to
>  do so yourself you could look at the kblog directory in kdepimlibs.
>
> If you aren't a programmer then someone here might implement it for you or
> consider nicking the implementation for something like Choqok or Kwitter
>  and sticking it in KDEPIMLibs. As long as it inherits from the Blog object
>  then it'll be trivial to adapt Kontact's journal to support it (I'm happy
>  to do this).

Thanks a lot, Mike!

I blogged that also here:
http://mfeilner.wordpress.com/2009/10/29/kontact-journals-kdes-blog-engine/
(would you know a suitable link in there?)

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

-------------------------
Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                        +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                           +49 170 3 02 70 92
WWW: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net
Bei Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner
OPENVPN : Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks
http://www.packtpub.com/openvpn/book
SCALIX Linux Administrator's Guide
My new book - Out now: http://www.packtpub.com/scalix/book