[Kde-pim] Akonadi question

Alojz Stanič alojz.stanich at siol.net
Thu May 14 12:12:13 BST 2009

Nice day!
[Akonadi is not known as much to discuss about in the Forum, I
think so.]

I am a general user. I shifted to Mandriva 2009 Spring Free (KDE
4.2.2). Then I found out that there was no KAddressBook included.
Surprised! Mandriva forum → Control Centre and I installed
KAddressBook from DVD. OK. And I installed KDE Pim-4 Akonadi.
I have had just a slight idea about Akonadi. I didn't risk to install
KDE Pim-4 Groupware server, not knowing it at all.

Then in KMail or Contact every time has appeared "Starting
Akonadi server " (a long time) →

Akonadi not operational
"An error occured during the startup of the Akonadi server ....
x MySQL server not found
x Executing the MySQL server failed
~ No current MySQL error found
~ Akonadi found and usable
x Akonadi server process not registered, etc.

... "Make sure you have the MySQL server installed"
I think so. It has been announced for Mandriva 2009.1.
"ensure you have the necessary read and execution rights on the
server executable."

May I ask you now: I intend to remove Akonadi (in the same way as
I installed it) in this situation. But removing (with all dependencies)
could it hurt the Contact or the system ? Please I am waiting for
your reply before doing anything.

regards
Alojz Stanich
--