[Kde-pim] Junior Job : HTML indicator in composer's status bar

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Tue May 19 15:21:28 BST 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 09:56:00 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 May 2009 02:04:37 Markus wrote:
> > I don't think that this is required, unless there are cases when HTML is
> > on, but the toolbar is off.
>
> Markus, I seriously would like to see an html indicator - not toggle, or
> anything like that.  I have found 3 or 4 times that I was inadvertently
> sending html mail, when a distro's update set it to on.  I would like to
> be able to be easily aware that this was the case.

I've recently changed the behavior. Now, HTML mails are only sent if you
actually used HTML formatting, and not when just the HTML toolbar is enabled.

So this HTML indicator is not as important as before. There are sill many
other junior jobs. Also, improving the statusbar by adding more items is also
welcome. However, an information if HTML will be sent might be a bit costly,
as it would need to check if actual formatting is used, which iterates over
the complete text structure, which might be expensive.
Also some minor thing would be fixing the bug that the frames in the statusbar
are inconsistent, see the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Thomas