[Kde-pim] Some junior jobs

Vincent Dupont vincent.touffi at gmail.com
Wed May 27 00:50:23 BST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 10:30:17 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Monday 25 May 2009 23:42:24 Vincent Dupont wrote:

> > Since there is a thread about that, I'm too new to KDE devel ! And thanks
> > for committing my little patches BTW.
> >
> > > Now I need to find more things to add to the junior jobs page, it's
> > > getting empty :)
> > >
> > > Jon, what do you plan to work on next? Are there enough issues (not
> > > only on the JJ page!) for you to fix or do you want me to find
> > > something?
> >
> > Thomas, if there is something you'd like me to do... :-)
>
> Welcome to you as well!
>
> What really should be done is improving the usability of the new message
> list, the 4 combo boxes next to the quick search line are confusing for the
> users, most don't even discover how to switch themes and aggregation.
> The "Folder Always Uses This foo" checkbox in there is also quite
> confusing, there should be a better way to activate a per-folder theme,
> aggregation or sort order.
>
> First of the above is at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/KMail_Junior_Jobs#Move_aggregation.2C_
>theme_and_sorting_options_to_the_menubar For the second, I haven't added a
> JJ yet, because I didn't have a clear idea how to make this better.

Ok, I took a look at that, I will try to move the combo boxes in the view menu
and in sub-menus in the right click menu of headers in the messages list.
I assume this can't be integrated in the trunk while it is frozen. So I can
take my time :-)

Another idea, maybe the "Open Full Search" button should be just right of the
quick search field. And the status filter could use the same widget as
akregator's status filter (I don't know its name).

Regards,
Vincent