[Kde-pim] akonadi_ical_resource problem

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vr at movingparts.net
Wed May 27 16:47:11 BST 2009

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this behavior in
Akonadi? I'm totally open to the idea that KPilot is doing something wrong
here, but I need some help in knowing what it could be. Here's our code:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.2/kdepim/kpilot/conduits/akonadibase/akonadidataproxy.cc?view=markup

As we're adding records, we're doing commitCreate:

    AkonadiRecord* aRec = static_cast<AkonadiRecord*>( rec );
    Akonadi::ItemCreateJob* job = new Akonadi::ItemCreateJob( aRec->item()
        , Akonadi::Collection( d->fCollectionId ) );

    if ( !job->exec() )
    {
        // Hmm an error occurred
        DEBUGKPILOT << "Create failed: " << job->errorString();
        return false;
    }
    else
    {
        // Update the item of the record.
        aRec->setItem( job->item() );
        return true;
    }

Do we need an explicit end of job directive to Akonadi? An explicit commit
or rollback or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We're pretty stuck on this problem.
=:(

2009/5/24 Douglas Harms <dharms at depauw.edu>

> I'm helping with kpilot development and seem to have a problem with
> akonadi.  When I sync a handheld database all new records seem to initially
> be transferred to akonadi correctly (i.e., they all seem to be there when I
> run akonadiconsole).  However, akoandi_ical_resouurce continues to run for a
> long time after the sync finishes (i.e., 15-20 minutes if >5,000 records are
> added to akonadi) taking 85-95% of my cpu time.  akonadi_ical_resource then
> quits with a "MonitorPrivate::slotItemJobFinished Error on fetching item:
> Item Not Found" message.  When I look at akonadi (using akonadiconsole) only
> abobut 1/3 of the records are still there (i..e, about 2/3rd of the records
> are now missing).  I'm using akonadi 1.1.2.
>
> Any ideas?
> --Doug
>
> --
> Douglas E. Harms, Ph.D.
> Greenleaf Professor of Computer Science
> Computer Science Department
> DePauw University
> Greencastle, IN 46135
> voice: 765.658.4727
> fax: 765.658.4732
> skype: DouglasHarms

-[ Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper    //  http://movingparts.net ]-
-[ KDE PIM Developer         //  http://www.kde.org  ]-
-[ bash fun -> :(){ :|:&};:  //  Numbers 6:22-26 ]-