[Kde-pim] kdepim could be better (was: akonadi, .....same as nepomuk etc.)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 23 10:20:11 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > it is wonderful work, though a lot of things could be way better. ;)
>
> Like what?

That was partly a general statement as software is never finished
to explain why complaints should _not_ be answered with: You are wrong, we are
the best on earth [tm].

> I suppose you told Till, Volker and the others about those
> things, but it might be a good idea to also document them here (or on
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/PIM/Akonadi).

In all the contracts that I am coordinating we do publish as much as we can in
public. Often this is not my responsibility to report a particular issue.
However I have done so quite a number of times.

A lot of detail problems are documented in
the problem tracker of the Kolab community, others in the KDE problem tracker
or other trackers or wiki pages. We mainly use the Kolab tracker because the
problems tend to not be clearly seperated between Kolab Server and several
Kolab Clients. (KDE Kontact from KDEPIM serves as one of the Kolab Clients.)
There is more, because we cannot get everything in English, sometimes it is so
much that there is not enough time to report everything and you cannot beat
firsthand experience interacting with Users and their Administrators.

Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998