[Kde-pim] Question about Kode

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Mar 21 16:24:33 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 14:58:52 Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> On Saturday 21 March 2009 14:19:33 you wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 March 2009 00:08:25 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > I also noticed that the tests are disabled in kxml_compiler. I assume
> > > this is a late remnant of the cmake port. The tests are a bit tricky,
> > > because they involve compiling and running code generated by
> > > kxml_compiler itself. I don't really know how to do this correctly with
> > > cmake. Does somebody know how to do it?
> >
> > Can you review the following patch ?
> > The logic :
> > - Try to find an installed kxml_compiler
> > - if it's not found, use kxml_compiler.exe.bat or kxml_compiler.shell
>
> 2nd version.
> kxml_compiler wasn't found even if previously installed, it's now fixed.
> I also removed  KODE_XML_COMPILER_SHELL which didn't make sense after
> another coffee.

How do I create the test executables? Do I need a special make call?

Also, shouldn't the logic be the other way around? That first a local
kxml_compiler.shell is used, and if not found the installed version is taken?
Otherwise you always would have to install before the tests would give
correct results after changing kxml_compiler.