[Kde-pim] GSoC Proposal Draft

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 24 11:53:39 GMT 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009, Carter Dewey wrote:

> Thank you for the feedback. I've attached a revised proposal with firmer
> dates for the project outline. If anyone has other criticisms or
> comments, please let me know! If not, then I will probably give this
> another look in a few days to make sure that I'm content with the
> grammar/organization of the proposal, then go ahead and put in my
> application.

Since the timeline is not evenly split, i.e. there is more time before the
mid-term evaluation than between mid-term and end evaluation, it makes sense
to put the larger task into the first "half", in your case the application
port, which is what you did.

However, it might be  more difficult to test the modifications if you don't
have BasKet data available in Akonadi to test with.

I recommend checking with the application maintainers what there estimates are
regarding refactoring data I/O into a shared library (unless that is already
the case). This is essential for application and resource to shared the same
basic data handling functionality.
This might be a worthy additional milestone before the mid-term evaluation.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring