[Kde-pim] GSoC - Akonadi SyncML agent

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Mar 31 20:46:05 BST 2009

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Roland Tapken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Some Akonadi people had a developer sprint with some of them last year
> > but we don't have any working solution yet since they kept changing API
> > and ABI since then.
>
> On Sunday, Daniel Gullob wrote an E-Mail entitled with:
>
> [Opensync-devel] [trunk] Last API Changes for 0.3x/0.40 / close to a
> freeze...
>
> pledging "API breaking is nearly over.".

Ah, good to know.
Mean we can probably ship Kitchensync with 4.4

> I'm following both list for a while because I'm also interested in SyncML
> support for Akonadi.

OpenSync's SyncML library is one of the options Sascha mentioned.

One of the drawbacks (or maybe I just didn't understand the API correctly) of
full OpenSync seems to be that it is not possible or obvious how the
application running the OpenSync engine can the one of the two data
providers.
Seems it always needs a plugin, which in the case of an Akonadi agent is
unnecessary complexity.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring