[Kde-pim] Finding mail on a botched system

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Mar 30 13:29:45 BST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 13:10:09 you wrote:
> Anne,
>
> I have such maildir files as well. I copy them to
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/tho-myfolder/cur
> and can read them in my kmail folder tho-myfolder afterwards. So I can
> also search.
>
> You may want to replace tho-myfolder with inbox and .kde with .kde4, the
> latter depending on his distribution.
>
> tell me if that answers your question

Unfortunately, no.  The whole point is that the messages might be anywhere on
his system.  We need to find where they actually are.  I can't physically
access his system - I don't even know where he is :-) - so I need to help him
search to find the location of the messages.  They are certainly not where
you'd expect to find them.

<sigh> Sometimes 'help' causes a lot of trouble, and this vendor obviously
didn't know what he was doing.  We have no pointers as to how he moved them,
even.  Nothing to give us a clue at all.  I just hope that they really are
there, somewhere.

Anne