[Kde-pim] Finding mail on a botched system

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:11:48 BST 2009

I have a user that had 'help' to get his mail transferred to his new system.
The result is a horrible mess of apparent folders at top level, and his mail
can't be found.  If we can identify where the mail actually ended up I can
help him get this sorted.  Can you think of any possible search that would
help us find it?

As far as I can see, messages are numbered, rather than named, so searching on
the name doesn't look possible.  I did wonder if it is possible to search for
maildir type of files?

He's pretty desperate, as he currently feels that he has lost all his mail.
I'm calming him as best I can :-)

Anne