[Kde-pim] Question about Kode

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Mar 22 21:03:44 GMT 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009 13:24:33 Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> On Sunday 22 March 2009 10:30:13 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > >
> > > There's nothing special to do. You can type make in the kode directory
> > > or directly in kxml_compiler/tests.
> >
> > This doesn't seem to work. There are no executables created.
>
> I just tried again and everything was built. Did you pass
> -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON to cmake ?

No, that was the missing piece. Thanks for the hint. Is there documentation
about this switch somewhere?

The tests are still not complete, though. The generated test binaries have to
be run and their output compared to some reference data. There is a Perl
script in the tests directory which does part of the job, but the calling
code from the Makefile is missing. How can this be achieved? Is this
something where ctest can be used for?