[Kde-pim] pinentry-qt4

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Sat Mar 21 15:58:43 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 15:04:06 Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy PIMsters,
>
> Christophe has requested adopting pinentry-qt4 into kdepim.
>
> I don't have a problem with this.  But we need at least 1 person
> to volunteer as the maintainer before doing so.
>
> Good idea/Bad idea?
> Volunteers?
>
> I recall a long ago thread about pinentry and kwallet integration...

Pinentry-qt4 is currently being integrated into upstream gnupg. We (KDAB) have
added secure memory handling to it, proper mouse grabbing, etc. and are
working with Werner and Markus (g10code, the folks behind gnupg) on pushing
all of that upstream and making it available for all major platforms
(including Windows and OSX).

Should land in a matter of a week or two. I thus see no need to integrate it
into kdepim.

Cheers,

Till

--