[Kde-pim] Development environment

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jun 1 14:32:25 BST 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009, Frank Thieme wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I don't wanna start a flamewar, just kind of personal poll.
>
> As KDE has a IDE and I saw some Emacs formating comments in the code,
> I wanted to ask what Environment/Editor most of the people on this
> list use.
>
> Personally I used vim long time, some times Emacs and took a look at
> Kdevelop for the kmail related stuff.
>
> So what do you guys use for KDE/Kmail development?

I have used XEmacs for a long time. After an upgrade of my distribution
it started to act very weird. I couldn't fix this annoying behavior, so
I started to use Kate. At the last KDE PIM meeting I gave KDevelop4 a
try and immediately fell in love with it. I also use vim, but only for
simple editting.

Regards,
Ingo