[Kde-pim] Traditional Resources

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jun 22 07:51:32 BST 2009

Hi Robert,

On Sunday, 2009-06-21, Dr. Robert Marmorstein wrote:
> I have created a Calendar and an Address book resource using the resources.
> However, when I log in I get an error from akonaditray about mimetypes not
> being inserted.  When I look in the debug window of akonadiconsole, I see
> this:
>
> "Traditional"0x1ae0340 8 CREATE "Address Book" 0 (MIMETYPE (text/directory
> application/x-vnd.kde.contactgroup inode/directory) REMOTEID "owlhccTrgM"
> ENTITYDISPLAY "(\"Address Book\" \"office-address-book\")" AccessRights
> "wcd" CACHEPOLICY (INHERIT true))
> 0x1ae0340 8 NO Unable to append mimetype for collection.
> 0x1ae0340 9 ROLLBACK
> 0x1ae0340 9 OK Rollback completed

Can you try a different resource, e.g. vcard, ical or distribution list
resources?

> If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help.  I'm trying to get this
> set up so that I can work on a bug that prevents kpilot from syncing with
> my Kolab calendar though Akonadi.  I know the traditional resources are
> going away eventually, but I haven't been able to get the new Akonadi IMAP
> resource or the Kolab Proxy resource to work.

Might be worth to check if we can help you with those.
The compatibiltiy (traditional) resources are OKish for the simple plugins,
for those containing lots of "sophisticated" workarounds [1] like Kolab tend
to be problematic.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] working around limitations of the KResource API such that the main
applications (KAddressBookm KOrganizer) work well enough

KDE user support, developer mentoring