[Kde-pim] kdepim runtime

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Wed Jun 17 10:13:41 BST 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 09:00:36 Volker Krause wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 June 2009 02:16:38 Allen Winter wrote:

> I suggest to just rename akonadi to runtime then, we don't need the extra
> level of directories there. If possible packaging-wise I would also suggest
> to omit the apps directory and leave that stuff on top-level, otherwise
> branch-maintenance will be a nightmare. Keep in mind that we have half a
> dozen active branches with merge tracking to trunk! At least wait until
> trunk is open again, then we can merge the work branches (soc, akonadi
> ports) first, leaving only the 4.x and enterprise branches.

Excellent point about the merging stuff. I actually strongly oppose to rename
_anything_, unless someone fixes svnmerge.py to take renames into account.
Merges for stuff that has moved is more time-consuming than normal merges, and
alone the KOrganizer reorganization into "views" subdirectories is annoying
enough. I don't want that to happen for all of kdepim.

So please don't rename anything, with the possible exception of akonadi ->
runtime (which will be annoying for merging the Akonadi porting branches,
probably)

Regards,
Thomas