[Kde-pim] Review Request: new kmail filter : add to address book

Bruno Bigras bigras.bruno at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 05:20:55 BST 2009

2009/7/16 David Boosalis <david.boosalis at gmail.com>:
> As a casual observer I can't help but notice how much screen real-estate
> this dialog takes.  One area that can be reduced is the filter column on the
> left. It looks like the 4 buttons on the bottom are whats making it so big.
> Why not add another row of  buttons making it two rows plus one row for the
> arrows.
>
> Does anyone really need 50-60 charactors for a filter, and is giving up one
> or two rows of filters for the second row of buttons a great loss when you
> have room for 20 filters.

I agree with you but I don't know much about usability and ui
optimisation. It would be nice if others could comment on this.

> Likewise the combo box seems to be taking up a lot of room, maybe there is a
> string  of humoungous length in its list ?  But it looks like it is very big
> at the expense of the text field to the right.

I updated the screenshot to show the "Default Address Book"
http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/1038/s/148/

If you have ideas how it could look better please don't hesitate to tell me.

> Other then that it looks very good. Thanks for making the improvements

Thanks for the feedback!

Bruno